Tuesday, September 6, 2022

Magazine Photos

Today, my mother-in-law was photographed with my son and daughter for a magazine she's going to be featured in.   The magazine had a professional photographer come to our house after the children were home from school so she could take pictures of the three of them.   It was all very exciting. 

Exciting, that is, to the adults.  My children weren't overly excited about getting dressed up in nicer clothing and standing around to have their picture taken.   But they did their best, I hope, I stayed out of the way as I wasn't one of the subjects because the article was featuring my mother-in-law for the stories she wrote for the children during COVID-19 lockdown. 

Stories, I might add, that she continues writing.  Her writing has grown with her and the children as they've aged.   The stories are more mature and have more involved plots now that the children have more specific interests. 

Her stories are fun to hear at any age.   We're looking forward to having a world-famous Nana soon!

The Big Boy Tiny Girl Dress Up:  My son put on his favorite golf-style shirt and some slacks and even wanted to get his hair looking nice (something that never happens for us!)  My daughter wanted to put on her ball gown from the Braille Challenge.  We told her that might be overdoing it by just a bit.   I got a nice dress that was something she and I could share that had big pearls on it (not real, my daughter was sad to hear).   I cringed as I came into the kitchen to see her eating Spathettios with an expensive dress on and quickly tucked a cloth under her neck.   They both looked very nice for the photos.   

No comments:

Post a Comment