Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Crash Bom

I had moved the step stool away from the printer rack in preparation for our friends coming to town tomorrow and had to pull down the cover.  I stepped up on the first shelf, which is strong enough to support me, but my hand slipped, and I fell backward.

I twisted my ankle, but I know how that goes, so I collapsed before putting my full weight on my ankle.  That caused two things to happen at once: I landed on my right wrist, and my low back slammed into the corner bit of the bed frame.  

I just lay on the floor for a few minutes, making sure I was okay.   I go up, and everything was fine, but my back started seizing up over the next fifteen minutes because I'd likely knocked my pelvis or lower back out of alignment pretty badly with the fall. 

I went to the chiropractor, and he put things back in their normally moving positions and things calmed down fairly quickly, but I'm sore still.   I should have gone around to the other room and brought the step stool back in, but it was one little cloth, and I thought I could grab it.   I didn't bank on my clumsiness.

The Monopoly Game Continues:  We continued our Monopoly game tonight with some additional rules.   There was a very large pot that grew from the "guess the number between 1-20 and win the pot" at Free Parking.  We paused when my husband won the big pot.  I don't know how we're going to catch up to him now.  Maybe there will be some additional new rules when we reconvene from our Banker and Game Manager role that my son is playing as.   He loves the power.

No comments:

Post a Comment