Thursday, September 8, 2022

She Made It

My daughter wanted the top prize for her school fundraising drive.   There are prizes, which means a non-trivial portion of the money raised goes back to the children.  My son was rather upset by this.  And I agree that in an ideal situation the money would be raised and it all would go to the school. 

She called some people but ran out of energy calling and didn't quite get to everyone on her list.  But she wanted to make it to the top tier, so she decided to donate her own money to make it.   She does want to help her school, but if there were no prizes, she wouldn't have raised nearly the same amount because it wouldn't have been something she cared much about. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  Glasses.   She has lots.  I've bought her many, but she seems to always be missing them.   Fortunately, they aren't prescription glasses; some of them are even from the dollar store, which makes it not a terrible thing that she leaves them everywhere. 

The Big Boy Update:  My son told me tonight while I was tucking him in all about a special move in a video game from a game system I was playing when I was in my 20s.  I asked if he wanted to bring our Game Cube down and play the game for real.   He said we didn't have the particular game.  I suggested we could get it on eBay possibly.   The game must be a collectible because it's around sixty dollars now.  My son said he didn't actually want to play, he just liked the special moves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment