Saturday, September 17, 2022

Ever So Shy

My daughter and I flew to Huntsville, Alabama today for her week at Space Camp.  She is not nervous, she is not hesitant, and she is definitely not shy.  She boldly introduced herself to drivers of Uber, people sitting next to us, random people she heard talking, the lady checking us into the hotel, and the lady who helped her find the ice machine and delivered her back to our room. 

She seems excited, so much so that she's disappointed I won’t go explore the hotel with her right now as I write this post.  I think she's going to just fine at Space Camp.

The Big Boy Update:  my daughter wanted to call and tell her father about our trip so far.  I asked to speak to my son.  I got a distracted because he's playing video games, “hi mom”.  It's different when he's away and misses us.  

The Messy Girl Chronicles:  I don’t know how she finds things.  She drops things anywhere like socks and belongings.  Soon enough, like tomorrow, there won’t be anyone to tell her where her things are.  I wonder if she'll come home a little tidier?

No comments:

Post a Comment