Saturday, September 3, 2022

Doughnuts For Breakfast

This morning I was dead asleep when my daughter came in and pounced on her father.   I remember trying to say, "doughnuts...do you want to go get doughnuts?"   Later, when I asked my husband and daughter about this, they said they never heard me say anything. 

I remember thinking I needed to get up to let the dog out and feed her.  I knew my husband was playing golf today with his parents and had likely left at this point but the next thing I knew, I heard my husband and daughter coming in from the garage. 

They had gotten dressed in their motorcycle gear and had gone for a ride.  At the end of the ride they stopped to get doughnuts.   My daughter absolutely loves riding on the motorcycle with her father.  She has a helmet fitted for her and a motorcycle jacket that both she and her brother can wear; although my daughter is the one who wants to go for the rides; my son doesn't make a specific request, although he likes it as well.  

I had a very lazy Sunday morning with doughnuts being delivered to me and the dog already watered and fed.  I almost wanted to go back to bed. 

The Big Boy Update:  My son has been allowed screens today.  Behavior dependant, he will have more screen time tomorrow, and then there is zero screens during the week. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter made chocolate chip cookies again.   She knows I love the cookie dough and brought me a little cup full.   She is just the sweetest.

No comments:

Post a Comment