Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Villainous

We just got done playing the most complicated, convoluted game with my son call Villainous.   It has superheroes and villains (of course), and your goal is to complete your missions before anyone else. 

My hope had been that I could work as a team with my daughter.   Each team has entirely different goals, actions, moves, you name it.  Each person plays their own game pretty much.   The rules are the same for any particular action, like playing a hero or attacking or vanquishing, but beyond that, there are vastly different ways each character is played. 

My daughter tried to follow along for the first five minutes and then gave up.   I gave her the Halloween pajamas I impulse bought at Walmart today when I went to buy bins.  

The Big Boy Instructions:  My son wants to tell you how to play the game, but he gets caught up in one small segment, and we don't understand the overview, so he confuses us more.  But he tries to explain, and he really wants to help us understand.  I felt bad that we had to explain in a different way, and his sister was not interested in anything he had to say about rules. 

The TIny Girl Teammate:  I wish the game could have been something my daughter could have participated in.  As it was, I was barely holding on figuring out what to do myself.   We need to play something she's good at next time, like Mexican Train.  She's great at that.  


No comments:

Post a Comment