Monday, August 1, 2022

Street Fighter

My son woke up the other morning and the first words out of his mouth were, "Dad, Street Fighter."   This was something I think my husband was rather glad to hear.  Let me give you some backstory...

My husband loved playing Street Fighter when he was young.   For one of his birthday, his parents rented the actual arcade game.   Suffice it to say, my husband is good at the game.   My son's preferred style of game hasn't been the fighting kind...until recently.  

He's shown an interest in old games, and as it turns out we have all the old console game systems as well as a large controller set my husband built that has a huge collection of old arcade games on it that today, you can play with a television and a small Raspberry Pi.  

So when I haven't seen my husband or son for a good while, I know where they are: in the bonus room, playing Street Fighter.

The Big Boy Update:  It was after eleven when I came downstairs to write this blog post and my son was still up with the light on in his room.   He said, "I just want to dance."

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter said she was sleeping a lot today.   I asked further questions because I hadn't really seen her at all and she admitted she was listening to a new audiobook.   


No comments:

Post a Comment