Sunday, August 21, 2022

The Theater

Mt husband went to an event downtown yesterday where they were showing off different home theater, audio, and related technology.  He did not invite me, he invited our neighbor instead.   I didn't want to go all that much, but I did pretend to be mortally wounded that he would leave me out for long enough to for him to think I was really mad before I laughed. 

Then, after finding out about all sorts of nice, new, fancy, and I am sure expensive technological advancements, he took his parents back today.   He told me they were coming over.   They wanted to go too.   He was going to go back with them.   He didn't ask if I wanted to go—again.   And this time I was actually a bit miffed because I had heard all about the things he saw and what they looked and sounded like and I was going to be at home with the children. 

When I said something, my husband got a worried look and said, "we can leave the children at home, you can come too". But I suspected it would have taken a few hours so I said to just go without me.  

When they got home I got to hear all about the things they saw and heard and I am pretty sure we need to start saving up for the home theater last year.  

The Floor Is Lava Game:  I came downstairs today to find everything everywhere.  Pillows and chairs were everywhere.   The children had set up a "The Floor is Lava" game with bases, rules and things they had to hide and steal from each other.   They were having a great time, I hated taking my chair back so I could get to work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment