Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Pregnancy

I am most definitely not pregnant.  I was struck today by time.  Time up and smacked me, and as I was reeling, I realized a whole lot of time had passed.   It was only a year or so ago that I was pregnant.  It hasn't been that long, right?

I can't have one middle school-aged child and a second who is starting her sixth year at her elementary school.  There is just no way my daughter has been at her school for over five years.   And my son, he's starting his tenth year at his current school—the school he went to when he was a toddler.  

Not happening.  There must be a time warp.   

The Big Boy Update:  My son will fight something simple until he has taken it to the point of having  consequence given.  He will then compound it with saying things he's not allowed to say which may mean insulting people or attitude in general.  Today, I told him it was time to start going to bed earlier because next week school begins.  All he had to say was that yes, that made sense or even just agreed.   In the end, he lost screens for two days.   The story was complicated and he had so many opportunities to turn it around.   

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter took her Pokemon cards to school today.   She wanted to make trades and even though she couldn't see her cards and had to trust people to tell her what was what (we didn't put braille on them because of the trading factor).   She was so happy to successfully have made trades today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment