Friday, August 12, 2022

Missed, Intentionally

I didn't write a blog post last night.  I just felt too bad.  I was in the bed and trying to rest and my very sweet family came and spent time with me.   I do have the most wonderful family. 

The Big Boy Update:  My son said some very, very bad words to my daughter's friend at a birthday party after school.   I was told exactly what he said.  The friend told her parents.  There were teachers there.  It was lovely, as I'm sure you can well imagine.  My son got to sit beside me and was very, very bored (and wet from the water area they were playing in.   I had a long conversation with my son and then let him be bored.   He lashed out when he got home at us verbally, I could tell he was upset at himself.   But he can't use those kinds of words just to show off.   I have no problems giving him serious consequences for it.  

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter asked if I brought her bathing suit when I picked her up from school for the birthday party.   I told her I didn't know she needed one and she needed to be responsible for things like this.  She was mad and wanted to blame me.   We grabbed some clothes she could wear and get wet at Walmart and are going to work on a way they can have calendar reminders for them every day or the night before so they can manage their own schedules which will I hope give them some more confidence in themselves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment