Wednesday, August 3, 2022

The Other Singer

My daughter sings a lot.  She loves to sing.  Sometimes she drives her brother and possibly her parents with the sheer amount of belting out songs again and again.   Well, the table has been turned because her brother has a song he likes to sing. 

And this in and of itself is remarkable because while my son does sing with the music class at school and has always enjoyed doing so, he has no interest in singing at home or even acting as though singing were anything other than something dreadful other people do. 

The song he's singing is a slow, happy song in a major key.  It has a positive message and love is even mentioned in it.   It is, however, related to some show, a cartoon or animated series I believe. When I ask him about it he comments in a way that indicates of course I know about it because everyone obviously does.   So I've stopped asking for details, not wanting to look ignorant. 

He has a very pretty singing voice.  I've tried to catch him and record the singing but he's been wise to my ways.   I'm going to keep on trying.

A Taste of Your Own Medicine:  My daughter is absolutely sick of my son singing the same song over and over.   She keeps demanding he stop.   I don't say a thing, because she's done this to him more times than I can count. 

No comments:

Post a Comment