Thursday, August 18, 2022

A First Period

My daughter was lying on the bed this evening, listening to me read the last chapters of a children's book about zombies.  It's cute, even though the subject matter doesn't sound like it would be.   Right in the middle of the reading, my daughter said to me, "Mom, Brooklynn and Avi are, I think, having a first period. What is that?"

I launched into mom mode and explained more than my daughter wanted to know.   Way more.  Like "Mom, stop, you're freaking me out."   

The Big Boy Update:  My son knew I had a tough appointment this morning that didn't go well,   I asked him if I could have a hug, and he gave me a really nice hug for a very long time.   The best part about the hug was he'd washed his hair and it smelled so nice.   He made me feel better just for being supportive. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  I told my daughter I had two books that will help her understand what's happening.   I could read any of it to her when she's ready or we could get braille versions for her if she wanted to read it herself.   She was puberty overloaded at that point and didn't want to even talk about a book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment