Thursday, August 11, 2022

Back Into the Dark

There are four more episodes of the podcast I created a while back with my friend Scott.  We had intended to do more episodes, but his situation changed, he relocated to Florida to help with his girlfriend's business, and the recordings we had started on were in limbo. 

Scott reached out a few times, apologizing for being slow to communicate.   I messaged him back sometime after that, apologizing for the same thing.  This delayed communication went through a few more iterations, and then I got an email from Scott saying he had finished four episodes from what we recorded.

I didn't expect him to spend time on them because I knew he had lots going on in his life.   He spent a lot of time on the four episodes, his business partner told me when I inquired.   What I didn't expect was that he would have gone ahead and released them.  I hadn't paid him for his time, and that's important to me.   He did all that work for me, something incredibly generous. 

I paid him after asking his partner about the time he actually spent.  Jason said if it was up to Scott he would get around to invoicing me in 2032, which is so very Scott.   Jason and Scott are both great to work with.   

To think it all because of a business card Scott handed to me on his last day of work at Starbucks, where he was working for medical insurance until he got his business up and going from relocating to be closer to his children and grandchildren.   If I hadn't gone to Starbucks that day, there would be no podcast.  

I've only listened to episode seven so far, but I have a friend who said they are good.  The new episodes are on most of the major podcast streaming platforms, or you can listen to episodes seven through ten here:  www.intothedarkfindingthelight.com 

The BARD Complication:  My son wants to listen to the next audiobook in a series.   Unfortunately, the only location the book is resides in an app named BARD that is on my daughter's iPad.  The app accesses things from a source that's a subset of the Library of Congress specifically for blind and visually impaired people.   So the question is, can my son listen to the books if we've already downloaded them for his sister?   Can we put the app on another device and let him listen or should we not allow that at all?  His sister does not want him to.  This morning he stole her iPad, saying we had said he could use it, which we definitely did not do.   We're going to have to figure out what is reasonable and fair. 

No comments:

Post a Comment