Monday, August 29, 2022

Ready or Not

My son has been responsible for preparing things for school this year.  I printed out the list of supplies and other items he would need to bring to school with him.  He was reminded several times, and finally, this morning, I told him he absolutely, positively needed to stop what he was doing and at least go through his backpack from the end of the year last year and see if he needed anything added. 

Did he need more pencils, colored pencils, erasers, gluesticks, or anything on the list?   He reluctantly took a break and started going through things—because it was the final day and stores would be closed early, so this wasn't an eight o'clock at night thing to be waiting to do. 

He didn't really need much, and what he did need, we already had in school supplies.   He has a new teacher, and I wanted him to make a good first impression.  But it is important for him to do things himself. 

The Bath Time Gauntlet:  I told my children they needed to take a bath or shower today since school was tomorrow.  My daughter made a groaning sound.   I said, "from this point forward, anyone who complains about taking a shower will have to take one every day until such time as I think they are eligible to go back to every other day."  My daughter said, "I was talking about my brother sitting on me."   It was true,  her brother was sitting on her, but that groan was not intended for him it was obvious.  But I let her get off with a warning this time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment