Saturday, August 13, 2022

No More Emails

I have so much I'm behind on, but one thing I try never to miss is this blog post.  I have been following my blog as well as my sister-in-law's with a daily email that comes to my inbox with any new posts written in the past twenty-four hours.   There are tools you can get that will show you all the latest posts on all the different podcasts or blogs you follow, but since I only followed my sister-in-law with complete regularity, I've never used any of the tools. 

When I created my blog the only widget I added was the one you could use to sign up for daily updates.  That was some time back, 2011, which seems like last year instead of over ten years now.   Blogger told me for about a year that that particular feature was going to be discontinued.  It was vague and complicated and said I could download the email addresses of those who were signed up for my blog if I wanted. 

The steps were so complicated to navigate, mostly because the user interface was so old and outdated.  I got the list of thousands of emails that were apparently signed up to get my blog posts, a number which I found highly skeptical given that very few people even know about this blog.  

The end date happened a good while back, but the emails kept coming.   And not just for a few days, but for months.   I had completely forgotten about the ending of the feature, figuring they were just letting it run until my brother-in-law emailed and said he'd stopped receiving the emails.  

And now I know why my inbox is less full than it normally is!   I really liked that feature.  There is no other feature that I've found that does the same thing.   I'm going to miss it. 

The Big Boy Tiny Girl Dog Daycare Assistants:  My children took care of Roxy today all by themselves.   They played with her, walked with her, played hide and seek with her, and then my daughter and I went to put her in her crate for bed.   She is a very sweet dog.  

No comments:

Post a Comment