Saturday, August 20, 2022

Two Archaeologists

This came home from my daughter this week.  It was something she wrote for an assignment at school.   I read it and was thoroughly surprised because I had no idea she even had an interest in this potential career.



The thing that is so singular about this is her cousin Olivia is also interested in archaeology and has returned from participating in her very first dig, which I have to say personally is so exciting!   

I loved hearing how my daughter thought she could bring her strengths to a dig by using her senses other than sight.   To see that she is thinking about what she can do as opposed to what she can't, is a victory in and of itself.   She has been angry silently for so long about losing her vision.   

The Big Boy Tiny Girl Wrongside Out Situation:  My children look like ragamuffins quite a lot.   They don't have any interest in dressing in tidy clothes and presenting themselves in anything other than comfortable clothing.   With the time at home due to the pandemic, getting dressed has become an even more neglected task.   And of late, both children seem to not mind if their shirts or pajama pants and most definitely socks are on wrongside out.  Okay socks isn't a new development, being in the proper orientation hasn't ever been high on my children's list of things that they need dedicate any energy towards.

No comments:

Post a Comment