Tuesday, August 2, 2022

While I Was Lying Down

I would like to say things were back under control, and I had normal days and didn't have to lie down, but we're still working on getting things back to normal.  So while I was lying down this evening around dinner time, messaging people related to content creation or Filament Stories or however you want to go about calling what I do that is "work" to keep the social media brand that is Filament Stories going, the children were quarreling. 

The quarrel started because my daughter wanted to pop a balloon she had twisted into something near her brother to annoy him.   He took the balloon from her, and then he popped it.   My daughter was wailing because he popped it, and she wanted to pop it.   She got what she was asking for, though she annoyed her brother.  She just didn't expect the tables to be turned on her.  

I fell asleep, and the next thing I heard was big yelling.  This time it was my husband, who had gotten back from some board work with the neighborhood for First Night Out coming up.  Apparently, my son had done something, and it wasn't a good something, and he probably compounded the issue.  I heard him scream and then slam his door.   

I kept telling myself to wake up and go be a parent.  I should not be in bed.  I should be a parent and help. But I was too asleep in that sleepy state to wake up.   Later, I woke up and found my husband and son playing Street Fighter II on the small television proper up with the two little speakers on the sofa in the bonus room.   What was all the commotion?  My son didn't have screens...tomorrow. 

I hate when I miss things I should be there for. 

The Big Boy Update:  My son is about to lose privileges he got back.  I found a drink can in the bonus room empty, lying on its side on the carpet, and his iPad in the middle of the walkway on the floor where anyone (blind or not) could step on it.   

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter made a cake tonight.  It was a sheet cake, and someone had already cut into it to have some, so I grabbed a piece while on the way up to find my son and husband.  I rather like uniced cake. 


No comments:

Post a Comment