Monday, August 8, 2022

The Rabbit Died

My brain is tired.  The friend who had a difficult situation had the situation turn dire this evening.  I have just gotten off from a very long phone call in which I tried to calm down a hysterical person.  Or rather someone going in and out of hysteria, despair, grief, hopelessness, pain and all the emotions that go along with loss.   I am glad I was there for support but it's emotionally difficult to see someone going through such a difficult time, knowing you can't help other than to be there. 

My friend's daughter and fiancee just tested positive for COVID-19 (or are we at COVID-22 now or are we still in variations of the 2019 strain?  I'm never sure.)  He told me he took a RAT test and it was negative and for some reason it reminded me of something my parents used to say when I was young that I didn't understand because I was too young.  

My mother would get off the phone or see my father when he got home from work and tell him about the such-and-such couple and how, "the rabbit died".   This news was always delivered with a positive tone and smiles.   My mother told me that meant the couple was pregnant.   I thought that was so strange as a child. 

The Wrasslin' Childr'n:  My children are so happy together lately.  I attest it entirely to my daughter liking her new teacher and my son not having screens.   They are doing this pouncing on each other thing that is just too funny.  But they love it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment