Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Food Irregularities

When the children were young, we had a fairly regular meal system in place.   We would eat early because they were hungry early for dinner, which worked because they went to sleep early.  Now, as they've grown older, they are hungry later, and we have gotten into a habit of not having a regular meal time. 

This can be good because we are much more flexible.   But sometimes we are a little too flexible.   If one of the children is hungry after school, we pick up food then.   That puts half the family hungry much later in the evening for dinner.   Sometimes we get involved and don't eat until late for everyone.  

Tonight at 9:15PM, my son stuck his head downstairs and said he wanted dinner.  That he hadn't had dinner.   My husband had gotten everyone food at five-thirty, and my son had not one, but two different rounds of eating that food.   But he's hungry again.   My daughter wanted to make a smoothie and then for dessert dip pretzels in chocolate.   

I can't decide if our irregularity is a good or bad thing at this point.   I suppose it's a bit of both. 

The Big Boy Update:  My son is coming up with reason after reason to take a break from reading The Hobbit, the book he needs to finish before school begins.   Some of it would be easier if he took his ADHD medication for part of the day.   Maybe I'll suggest that tomorrow.  He's not trying to be difficult, he just can't focus on the reading.   He could focus on the cell phone he snuck today.  I noticed it was missing and started pinging it repeatedly.   I went upstairs as I heard him dash to the back storage area.   He tried to look innocent while I went to pick up the chain beeping phone.  He said he just wanted to talk to his friends.   I said then he needed to finish reading the book.   I did notice he was playing Pokemon Go and not talking to friends at the time I took the phone back. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  I wasn't feeling great this afternoon so my husband went to school to pick up my daughter.  She was sad I didn't come to so we could listen to our shared audiobook about a ghost train that is very cute.   I told her we could listen together some now that she was home.  


No comments:

Post a Comment