Friday, March 4, 2022

Well That Was Unexpected

We heard from the private school my son applied to today.  Everyone who had applied was informed if they were accepted or not.   My son was not accepted, although he has been put on the waitlist.   We don't know if everyone who wasn't accepted (they had a very large pool of applicants) is waitlisted or if it's only some students that would be selected next if spots should become available.

Coincidentally, the school admissions person at my son's current school called today.   We told her about my son being waitlisted and she said they typically have a lot of change and many on the waitlist get in because some of the families that were accepted don't end up deciding to confirm the acceptance.   Other things happen as well that cause their school to pull from the waitlist. 

We don't have any information though, and we know this was an important thing to my son.  This was the one school he wanted to go to.   We told him what we hope will be the truth, that it would have been nice had he gotten in with the first round, but now we just wait for the next round of admissions. 

He didn't seem upset.   I hope he's not.  He wouldn't be overly unhappy to stay at his existing school another year.  Doing so will make it harder to get into one of the private schools, but it's what he wants to do.   Perhaps he'll get in in a few weeks and we'll all be very glad to be spending money on tuition next year.   Wait, why am I celebrating paying tuition?  Ah yes, education. 

The Big Boy Update:  I called the school and left a message for one of the people in Admissions.   I wanted to find out if there was little chance my son would get in so we could help him process the situation now.  They must have had a very busy day with the announcement so I left a message.   

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter is working to get everything ready for the morning, including making sure her cow blanket/jacket/fuzzy hoodie will work with her ski jacket and backpack so she can wear it for the plane ride tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment