Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Cleaning Up To Be Cleaned Up

The cleaners are coming in the morning and our house was a wreck.   Or at least our house was a wreck by our standards of wreck.   My daughter and I got home and she diligently set off to clean her room.  She prefers it to be a mess, but I think some of that is because she can't see the room as a whole, she might feel otherwise. 

I shouldn't make that judgment though, she usually knows exactly where everything is.   She didn't want me bothering her and later when I came to check on things at the end of the night, she had done a very good job of going through things and putting away all sorts of items.  The only problem was, she had missed lots of things. 

Without dragging her legs or hands across all the space on her floor, she didn't notice the little bits of things that had rolled this way or that.   She had also neglected to do the entire area on the far side of her bed.   Her father came in and in just a few short minutes we were able to get the rest of her room cleaned up since she had gotten the large bulk of items that needed to be put away in their spots. 

My son, on the other hand, has been keeping his room quite orderly.   With one exception, and that would be any surface he can put anything on.  He's building layers on top of layers now.   I don't think he likes cleaning up his room before the cleaners come so he'd rather go the dresser piling option instead. 

The Children's Bonus Room Disaster:  After thinking we had everything cleaned up, I went into the bonus room.  My son had brought out a massive number of lego parts and my daughter had playdoh things strewn across more spots than I would think you'd need to make models out of salty, colored dough.   We managed to get it all cleaned up before bedtime.   It is nice to have the house cleaned again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment