Monday, March 28, 2022

The Fibonacci House

We went to go see a house today that our architect spent the last three years working on.  The focus of the house was all about the Fibonacci sequence.  Every single thing in this house was thought out in detail.  It was one of those houses that should really be in a magazine.  Multiple magazines.   It was so impressive.  

Keith had so much to tell us, we went around and the simplest thing that seemed like a wall, turned out to be a door.  There was purpose and design in every aspect of everything.  The artwork in the house was the windows, which were looking outward towards a lake.  Here, let me show you one picture of the deck.   


There are no supports underneath the deck, it is fully supported with one major steel beam that runs diagonally across the space.   There are about ten more things I could tell you about this deck, all of them impressive, and all well-thought out.  

We're excited to have an architect and to be thinking about a house we'll put on the land we bought last year, but we're not going to be this fancy.   It was a real pleasure to be there and to see their home.  We were there on a 3D printing related task, helping the architect finish one final piece for his client, a Fibonacci sequence fountain for the entrance to the home.  

The Big Boy Update:  My son wanted to "snuggle" tonight.   I didn't argue.  

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  I had to talk to my daughter about going ahead and putting me out of my misery in the game of Monopoly we were playing, so that we could start a new game that might have more interesting gameplay as the current one was me barely not going bankrupt every other turn.

No comments:

Post a Comment