Sunday, March 13, 2022

Travel Is Tiring

Okay, so we went to sleep after midnight and had to get up at five in the morning.  Yes, we had to tote heavy bags and carry overfilled backpacks on our backs, but it was to the car, to the check-in counter, through security, to the gate, and then the short walk down the walkway to board the plane.  Then we sat in a chair for hours and hours as we crossed the country.  

Perhaps, "hours and hours" is an exaggeration, but it was definitely hours.   We got off the plane, waited a short while in a chair to board the same plane again for a quick hop across the state to our city.  Then it was all the above in reverse until we got to our garage and then into the house. 

And we're all exhausted.  We've gotten to the age with the children that they can take care of themselves for a lot of things.  In this case, we all walked in, dropped our bags on the ground, and left to do our own things.   I ran off to pick up the dog, something I had initially planned to to tomorrow, but we all wanted to see her, my daughter and I the most without question.  

And boy was our dog happy to see us.   She had a good time, spending the week with her prior trainer and the other dog she has as well as a very rambunctious puppy.  I hope we can have her stat with Sammy again in the future.  For now, we're all glad to be home. 

The Big Boy Update:  My son heard my daughter start to listen to a five book series before leaving to come home.  He asked if I could download it onto his iPad so he could listen while travelling home.  My daughter complained but I told her in this case, because there would be no internet access while we were travelling, they wouldn't step on each other's position in the book from Audible.   He hasn't listened to this series before.  In true Princess Bride style, I told him, "it's a kissing book" and as predicted, he mad "eww" face.  He's the perfect age for that reaction.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter listened to her audio book on the way home and when we got here, she was so tired she went straight upstairs to her bedroom, continuing to listen to the book and falling asleep without any dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment