Tuesday, March 15, 2022

FOMO

Shelia was massaging my daughter tonight, something she really enjoys and seems to help with her stress. She has gotten a bit bossy, telling her to do this and not to forget that and could she please work on this other thing.  Shelia said, "You're a FOMO, you know that?"   

I'd never heard of that before and my daughter hadn't either.   It stands for someone who has a Fear Of Missing Out.  And boy is that my daughter. 

Shelia said that there was also JOMO, which is someone who feels a Joy Of Missing Out.  I called out from over in the kitchen, "that's me, I'm a JOMO."  Shelia laughed and said she was a complete JOMO herself too. 

The Big Boy Update:  My son somehow got it in his head that he could manipulate the situation of my husband not feeling well tonight and ended up on the computer all evening, explaining one thing or another and thinking they were all good reasons.  None of them were.  He lost future privileges when he got off the computer.   We were waiting to see if he would stop or keep pushing things.   He was mad, but he said he could see how it looked that way to us. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter really does seem to enjoy having her body massaged.  Her hands and feet are interesting ones what with the use of her hands for typing and her feet never having shoes on them for one second longer than necessary.   She also likes her belly rubbed, something Shelia said is a sign of children who are processing stress in their lives.  

No comments:

Post a Comment