Saturday, March 26, 2022

Numbers That I Can't Comprehend

YouTube has finally figured out what types of people are interested in our content.   And they're recommending our videos at a pace I can't quite wrap my head around.  At the point of this writing, we have over forty-seven thousand subscribers.   We've had a huge surge in the past month of both views and subscribers.  

We have some videos that are getting suggested a lot.  One video has over 3.7 million views.  It's a fifty-six-second video that has over forty-two thousand watch hours of time.  There's a realtime update of what's happening on your channel that I looked at yesterday and realized it was updating every ten seconds.  

In that time, YouTube is suggesting the video I'm not sure how many times.  Those are called "Impressions" It's where you see something over on the side or bottom that YouTube thinks you'd like.  If you click on it, it's considered one view of the video.   Every ten seconds the number of views is updating by twenty to one hundred.  It's hard to tell, because the current views is for the last forty-eight hours, so if it goes up by fifty, there are a number of views that are dropping off from the oldest ten seconds.  

That one video has been seen 430K times in the last two days.   These are numbers I just can't wrap my head around.   I don't know ten thousand people, let alone millions of people that have seen the videos.  It's mind-boggling. 

We wanted to share information about filaments from around the world, and we're being successful in that endeavor.  There are other statistics that are interesting, but for now, I'm just trying to understand that we're more of a success than I ever thought we'd be.   I've been in communication with filament manufacturers who want to work with us.  I've had to create a document stating what we are willing to do and what we make no commitments to do.   

Mostly, it's in the vein of what we won't do.  Companies will ask you to do lots of things, but in this case, we're being solicited by them.  So we're calling the shots.   We're offering sponsorships to the channel, in which they would pay us to feature their product (typically a spool of filament).  Not everyone is going to take us up on this, but some will.   If we continue to do what we're doing, we'll hopefully have more subscribers and therefore reach.   We've been told we have something companies can't buy, and we should charge for what we're doing.   With the uptick in our reach, I'm starting to act on that.  I'm interested in how things will change in the future as a result 

The Big Boy Update:  My son is so happy after school some days.  He goes on about how he loves me and what a good mom I am.   I'm glad he's happy after school.  Even today, he had had a bad day, but he was just happy to be heading home in the car with me. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter smashed heads together in the trampoline today.  My husband and she were heading out to get some stitches at urgent care when they ran into Matt on the way out of the neighborhood.  Matt thought the cut was superficial and didn't need stitches.  My daughter was very relieved. 

No comments:

Post a Comment