Sunday, March 6, 2022

That Nightmare Situation You Always Feared Would Happen

We're in Utah, after getting up at 3:00AM to get to the airport for a 5:12 flight.   Everything went fairly smoothly.  My back was cranky, to use a polite term, but I made it.  One of the things that helped was I fell asleep as soon as I sat down in the chair for the second flight.  I woke up when people were disembarking. 

We got all the luggage, which was a lot as winter trips and more so ski trips involve lots of bulky things.   We had made it to the rental car location and my husband had gotten the car keys when he got a call.   He missed it but checked the message.   My iPad was left on the plane, but not to worry, they were taking it to the lost baggage claim for the airline and it should be there by an hour's time. 

I left my iPad?  This is a case I assiduously guard against.  I fear leaving something on a plane.   Apparently, I didn't realize how tired I was, sat down in the seat, pulled the iPad out, and fell asleep.   When I woke up I didn't realize I'd gotten it out.  I don't even know where it was.  Behind me, in the seatback pocket?  It's black so who knows. 

It would have been more straightforward except it wasn't an hour, it was over two.  My husband got food for the children, then went and got groceries at a store close and called from time to time.   There was more to the finding of the iPad because they didn't know who had called it in.  We didn't want to leave for the resort, because it was some distance away.   We had finally given up and were heading out.  I got in the car and we were driving off when they called that the iPad had arrived.  

I ran back in, collected it and everything else has gone to plan.   I'm so glad it worked out the way it did.  If I'd left it on the first flight, things would have been much more complicated. 

The Big Boy Tiny Girl Rudeness:  What is up with my children being so rude to each other and my husband and me lately?  They are perfect little angles and then they turn into these mean little beings.   I don't know what we've done wrong, but I hope we can figure out what to do to improve their behavior.   I may have to follow through on the threat I made the other day and find a military school to send them to if they keep this intermittent dreadful behavior up.  

No comments:

Post a Comment