Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Fifteen Thousand Subscribers

YouTube was the platform we had originally thought we'd put content on when we started Filament Stories.   It has been the slowest and least active platform to the point that I've ignored it most of the time. We still post there and sometimes people see the videos.  

On one other occasion, we had a video that went viral (for us).  That video is close today to hitting 1.5 million views.   The video was something I did out of the blue, just to show a model, and it didn't represent the type of work we typically do.   The latest video(s) that have taken off are this time some of our "story" videos.  They've been ticking up over the past week, almost doubling the number of subscribers we have. 

We've amassed over thirty thousand hours of watch time on the channel, but we're still not to the magic four thousand hours we need to be able to monetize the channel.   Those hours would be watch time by going directly to our channel.  If you click on our videos to watch them, those single minutes count towards the monetization hours.  We're halfway to four thousand hours and will hopefully make it eventually.  

We're releasing some new videos that will be longer in length on YouTube.  Maybe we'll make it a bit faster than the eight months it's taken us to get the first halfway there.  Regardless, it's exciting to have made it to fifteen thousand followers.   I remember when it felt like forever before we got to the first thousand followers.  But we made it.   Who knows where we'll get to next.  

The Big Boy Update:  My son asked if he could please do some programming on the computer tonight after Code Ninjas.  He really is getting interested in programming. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter told me I was not allowed to listen to my audio book when she left the car this morning.  I asked if I could listen but then have it back up when she got in the car after school.   She said that was okay.  I couldn't wait to find out what happened.  I had to keep listening! 


No comments:

Post a Comment