Friday, March 18, 2022

Forced AllergyΩΩ

I'm working on a 3D printing project with a friend.  We're printing in a different kind of polymer medium: resin printing.   My husband has a resin printer and I'm using it to help him test the new models.  The problem is, I have an allergy to the resin. 

The question is then, can I work with the resin and not have the allergy?  I had to clean out the resin vats of the two printers we have and that was a bit messy, although I had our air purifier on full blast the entire time, sitting right beside the large printer.  

The air purifier pulls out VOC's and UFP's and is very good at what it does.   But will it be enough?   I'm now just working with mostly pulling prints off the printer and trying to never, ever get any on me.  We may have to move the printer into the guest room in the basement for the duration of the tests.

We have guests on occasion.  When guests are imminent we'll move the printer and air purifier back into the print room.   So that's the plan.   More when I know more.  Hopefully all will go well. 

The Big Boy Update:  My son and his friend are practicing for their YouTube channels.   This has been something my son has wanted to do for a while now.   We got him some equipment for Christmas a while back.   So far, he's just preparing though. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  There are boys on the trampoline.  And they're punching each other.  My daughter has come in to tell on then.  She doesn't want to be punched, but the boys seem fine with the while thing.   What's that saying?  Boys will be boys?  So true. 

No comments:

Post a Comment