Friday, March 11, 2022

Nipple Nip

It has been very candy-focused here over the last two days.  We had a "Candy Party" last night with the remaining children while the adult men went out to dinner.   We had far too much candy and yet a lot of it was eaten.  The girls did some pretend YouTube videoing as they reviewed the various types of candy.  

Everyone had fun and thankfully most of the candy was eaten so it wasn't left for me to stare at it and eat too much of it today.   My daughter and I stayed back today as the mountain wasn't ideal for her and my husband thought it might not be best for me either since I haven't had much chance to ski this week due to various situations that made it better for me to stay back or pick up the children or take one child in who was tired. 

So today we didn't do much here other than clean up the massive amount of candy crumbs under the table where the party took place.  My daughter didn't want to go out at all, but I got her to do a bit of a walk around with me.  There aren't many stores on the mountain resort here that would interest her.  There were some clothing stores and restaurants, but none of the clothing was really for her. 

I knew of the hot chocolate and ice cream store and said we could stop in there if she did the shopping investigation with me.  Well, lo and behold if there wasn't an amazing candy store right here, not five minutes walk from our rooms.   The selection was extensive including candy from my childhood and some from overseas.  

We got some special candy that we'd talked about the night before but hadn't seen.  Odd things from years back.   When my husband and son got in she wanted to show them the candy.  She would reach into the plastic bag, bring out something and explain that these were wax lips, for instance.  

The second to last one was a long package.  She felt it and got a look on her face as she tried to remember the name of the wax-shaped flat bottles that had colored liquid in various flavors in them.   Then she said, "These are Nipple Nips".  I said, "They're named after how much they originally cost and are called, "Nickle Nip"

The Big Boy Update:  My son was fiercely angry that he had to get up and go skiing this morning.  When he got there he was happy he went.  He's just not a morning person.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  Tomorrow is the last day.  It's the time when my daughter is going to spend all the tickets she's worked so hard to collect on her arcade card.  She has far too many because she's been given other people's cards.  I have no idea how much she's going to try and fit in her backpack of little tiny things from the prize vending machine.  She is excited about it, though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment