Monday, May 31, 2021

So Many Groceries

My husband played golf with his father today and the children and I did things.   The biggest of those things was laundry.  There wasn't that much, but with two children who are experts in task avoidance and what seemed today like a lot of task drawing out skills, we took a while to get it done. 

There was to be a reward at the end.  I would help them, but only if they were actively working on their laundry.  My daughter wanted the reward and was very worried she wouldn't win.  I kept telling her there was no danger of her losing but she kept fretting.   After about the fifth time, I told her I'd give her a thousand dollars if her brother beat her just to give her an understanding of my certainty. 

When everything was completed, including changing my son's bed and doing additional laundry that had accumulated since washing the existing piles had started.   My daughter did indeed win and decided she wanted Mike & Ike's candy.   I said if they got in the car with me we could go to the grocery store and not only get her candy but some ice cream too. 

We got that ice cream but in the process, we got fruit and bread and milk and all sorts of other things we needed.   The children couldn't believe how full the cart was, which wasn't that full.   I think they need to help with the groceries more often. 

The Big Boy Update:  While my son was working on a retirement card for his art teacher, Mrs. Grace, my son said, "Tomorrow I start puberty."  I asked him if he was sure.   He said, "Yeah, I'm puberty man.  I already feel taller."

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter, in her hurry to beat her brother at laundry folding said to me, "I was about to take a break since Greyson was so far behind me but then I remembered the tortoise and the hare."

No comments:

Post a Comment