Monday, May 17, 2021

Lesson Twenty-Two

I'm still in a braille class after all this time.   It is my fault for taking breaks after finishing one lesson.   I say down today and have just finished lesson twenty-two.  I have three more lessons to finish and I'm hoping, no planning, on completing them before Reese tracks out again.  

How can it be that nine weeks of school have nearly happened?   How can it be that I have children that are nine and ten?   How can it be that we've lived in our, "new" house for over ten years.   Time not only marches on, it barrels ahead, dragging me in its wake. 

There is an odd sense of accomplishment when I complete something I should have completed some time back.   How is it that I feel happy and relieved that I got the lesson submitted.   I should have done the simple half day's work weeks ago.   All that putting off and I should be disappointed it took me so long to complete, but instead, I'm thrilled to be done with it.   Glad to be able to address the next thing I'm behind on tomorrow. 

The Big Boy Update:  My son doesn't like to be kicked off his computer when he has earned time just because I have a board meeting to attend in the basement.   He doesn't like the answer, "because we're going to be talking about sensitive things." He left in a huff.   He said he'd put his headphones on and I know he doesn't care about what we're talking about.   But you never know when these children things will be listening and then will repeat the thing they heard at the most inopportune time. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter was picked up from school by Nana today.   She was so happy to have a different person driving her home and to have some special time with Nana. 

No comments:

Post a Comment