Thursday, May 27, 2021

I Can't Find Tigger

The children were nestled, all snug in their beds.  When out from Alexa comes, "I can't find Tigger!"

The children didn't like stuffed animals much when they were younger.   They never needed anything to go to sleep from a comfort animal perspective.   It is only now, much later in life, that they both seem to care about stuffed animals.   Perhaps they need them more now for some reason, or maybe they didn't find them cute and adorable when they were younger.  

Today, they have become important to each child in different ways.   Both children are collectors, but my son wants to have his stuffed animals manning sentry duty on the top bunk in his bedroom.   My daughter wants to have them as close to her as possible, sometimes to the point I don't know where her body fits after she lays her bed out at night. 

My son recently has wanted certain stuffed animals to be in the bed with him.   He seems to find nothing embarrassing about this at all, even though lots of things embarrass him in other aspects of his life, his parents included. 

Tonight, after the children were both in their beds with the lights out, I was in the kitchen cleaning up when my daughter dropped in on the Alexa in the kitchen.   She said in a nearly panicked voice, "I can't find Tigger!"  I didn't say anything, wondering what would happen next.   About three seconds later she said, "oh, never mind, I found him.   Alexa, hang up."

The Big Boy Update:  My son made an entire chess set out of clay in art class.   He fired it in the kiln and then put glazes on them to indicate the two sets of pieces.   He had the set laid out on the dining room table this evening.  They're going to spend the night with Nana and Papa tomorrow.  Maybe he'll take them to play chess with Nana.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter came down after lights out and said, "Dad, I forgot to give you your inspiration."   She had a foam golf ball she gave him so he would have it for inspiration in the upcoming golf championship he'll be playing in.

No comments:

Post a Comment