Tuesday, May 25, 2021

8:30PM

A tantrum is being had here.  There was a tantrum this morning as well.  My son has had a hard time getting up in the morning.   He has been very, very angry about, well, morning.  He's taken it out on my husband and me and anything that was in his wake.   The challenge for him is to get up and get ready for school on time.  

We tried setting a plan for the mornings, listing out times each thing was to happen by such as getting up, being dressed and downstairs or having their teeth brushed and shoes on, and then there was the important final one of not forgetting to bring a mask in the car for school.   

Today, my son's reaction to morning was just too much.   It has happened too frequently and he's always having a hard time waking up.   So we changed bedtime to 8:30pm.   At 8:00 tonight my son lost it.   He isn't tired now and doesn't want to go to bed.   I'm hoping we can reset his sleep clock soon if we keep this enforced.   They're getting older so we've let them control their bedtime more lately.  In his case, he seems to be a night and not a morning person. 

The Big Boy Update:  My son got out of the car this morning, looked at it and said, "Mom, hash tag wash me:   

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter and I are listening to the same audiobook.   It's a series for children not unlike Harry Potter that I'm very much enjoying titled, The Keeper of the Lost Cities.  Not only is she not telling me what's happening when we listen on the ride to and from school, she's remembering to move the location back to where I left off when she stops listening so that I'll be right where I was when I get in the car next.   She's twenty or so chapters ahead of me but she always remembers where she was. 

No comments:

Post a Comment