Thursday, May 20, 2021

The Most Difficult Thing

Is my life complicated?  In many ways I'd say no.   And then there are days and days I try to get to something and time goes on and on and I don't get the thing I want to do completed.   I get other things completed or started on or I talk to people or I have things happen upon things happen and I feel like my life must be complicated because I can't get to that one thing I wanted to do. 

And granted the one thing isn't something simple like sending an email to the teachers to say we need to pick a child up early for therapy.   It's a complex thing that needs hours of work to get completed.   I get partial work done and then other things intrude, many of those things being related to the two small beings my husband and I decided would be such a good idea to have when we were planning on getting married. 

And they were good things to have.   Children bring a joy to your lives like nothing else can.   And frustration sometimes in equal measure.   I'm trying to make sure I spend time with the children which is a good thing and should be on my list of things to get done every day.   Perhaps because it's a given and not something I get to check off that I feel like I'm not making progress.   Maybe I focus too much on the checklist and not the journey of the day.   

Maybe so, but that checklist still stares me down every evening in an accusatory way, saying, "you didn't put a single check here.  Not one.   What in the world did you do all day?"

The Big Boy Update:  I asked my son what he and Dhruti, his therapist, talk about when he sees her.   He said not much, which I doubt is the case from her perspective.  He did tell me something I thought was so interesting and true though.   She asked him what he thought the most difficult thing was.   He said he thought the most difficult thing was life, because life was always changing.   Life changes so quickly for children.  They grow so fast, mature so quickly.   How they navigate it successfully is always amazing to me. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter begged to be taken to the pool today because Nora was going.   She's been wanting to go to the pool, which just opened.  I thought it was crazy, knowing how she hates to be cold.   The weather is and was hot today but it gets very chilly at night.  The pool has had no time at all to even begin to warm up.   She went though and came back wet, so I suppose she managed to get in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment