Thursday, May 6, 2021

Reopened

Today we decided to reopen the trampoline.   I was enjoying having a quiet backyard in the same way as I enjoyed having a quiet house when lockdown started.   We still don't allow other children inside and at the rate things are going I am hopeful we'll be able to get away with not allowing it all through the summer.   But we shall see on that as pandemic cases evolve. 

We still have a large number of cases here in the United States.   I was talking to a friend online recently from a sizeable city in Australia.   They were put back on lockdown for four days not long ago which prompted me to ask how bad things had gotten there.   They had one case, and then two, and then four, so they decided to reinstitute a short-term lockdown.   

Cases where?  I was confused about what that one, two, and four meant.   Not thousand or even hundred cases, just one that doubled to two that doubled to four.   In their whole city, that's all they had.   He said they'd experienced relatively normal lives for some time and they didn't want to lose that with a resurgence of the virus. 

Jealous, I was, to hear those numbers.   Hopefully, we'll be in a similar situation here eventually.   Time will tell. 

The Big Boy, Tiny Girl Final Word Ruling:  With the updates to the rules for the trampoline and yard (no food, take your belongings home, no sand in the trampoline, plus other rules that should have been obvious, I told the children they were the final word on rules—and that they had better not abuse that privilege.   If I'm called out to verify or confirm a rule, I was not going to be pleased and they could tell the other children that.   This is to give them some control over the peer pressure they've felt.  

No comments:

Post a Comment