Wednesday, May 5, 2021

The Penis Model

Yes, yes, I printed a penis model for my daughter.  But think about it: she has no frame of reference.   She took showers with her father some when she was very young, but those memories are fleeting at best and not locked in.  

She has spent a lot of time in the tub with her brother and has perhaps brushed against him, but they play, not investigate each other.   He can see everything on her so he's not interested in what something looks like and she doesn't realize things are different than her, so she doesn't ask.   Until penises came up the other night. 

Interestingly enough, and this is no dodge, I don't remember how it happened.   It is probably my aging brain but is also just how my mind has always worked.  It's done via connections and if I don't have a starting connection to get to the place, I can't get there at all. 

So I printed her a penis, and let me tell you, finding what I needed was tough.   A friend told me about a place I could find all manner of prints along that vein online.  Only I didn't need *those* kinds of prints.   Not with spikes or wearing things or as the head of a winged dragon or involved with a lady or man in any way.   "anatomical penis" didn't help.   I just needed a boring, child-sized, non-veiny or bulgy or modified penis in any way. 

I finally found a key chain model.   I printed it out and gave it to her the next morning.   The children don't think anything bad about this.  They have no body shame or even ideas of why this is anything other than normal.   Other than telling her the ring part was for hooking on something, I decided to let her brother explain it to her.

The Big Boy Tiny Girl Penis Conversation:  I missed the conversation, but I suppose it went well because when I asked her later she understood that they don't always stick straight out like the model she was happily holding in the back seat of the car.   She said, "I know, mom, they coil up."

No comments:

Post a Comment