Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Too Much Cookie Cake

I don't remember what you technically call those giant cookies from Mrs. Fields that are chocolate chip, have icing on them and say happy birthday to the person, congratulations on your twins, or whatever the event is.  What I do remember is how delicious they are.  

I remember this because I just finished eating too much of one of them.   Tonight we got to see friends we haven't been able to do anything with in over a year.  It was Uncle Jonathan's birthday and he and Aunt Margaret came over to celebrate.   

We had P.F. Chang's and I ate too much.   Then we played Pass the Pigs, a dice rolling game where the dice are large foam pigs.   My daughter loves this game.  There were presents my daughter selected for Uncle Jonathan as well as balloons she asked me if we could inflate.  

We went to the basement in order to first show them the 3D printing, well, land that it has become as far as I'm concerned.   When I'm down here, I'm doing 3D printing things.   After showing them the working printers, completed models fresh off the build plate, and giving Aunt Margaret a baby Yoda printed by my husband in his resin printer, a candle was lit, the birthday song was sung and then we dove into the huge, no giant chocolate chip cookie cake. 

My daughter and I ate until we couldn't eat anymore.  She and I have control like that.   Huge control over sweets.  Not.   We were playing a game of who's cookie it was, with me winning by sheer holding on to the box.  

I hope Uncle Jonathan takes the cookie home with him, even though he doesn't like sweets that much.   My waistline can't bear too many more pieces of it.   And trust me, I'll eat it if it's here. 

Ther Big Boy Update:  My son was saying they should take the cookie cake home with them he said, "This is coming from me, who is sensible.  And has common sense."

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter is so very sweet.   On her own, she found Uncle Jonathan a collection of presents.   They were things she liked, but she thought he would like too.   She found the bags and put the presents in the bag.   And then she made him a puzzle birthday card.   On the top she put the alphabet and numbers in braille and then put special words for him below to decrypt that were special and reflected how she feels about him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment