Saturday, May 22, 2021

Together Again

My husband and I used to spend all our leisure time together.   We had the same, single hobby that took hours and hours and even more hours of our time.   If we weren't working or doing something necessary to our lives, we were together.   Where we were, was in a video game. 

This was back before the interconnectedness of games like it is today.   We had to work hard to communicate.   There was no voice chat built into the games, it was all typing.    But through this interface across state lines and even though we weren't dating, we were spending loads of time together. 

Those days faded and it's been a long time since I've had a hobby that my husband shares.   Until recently. We've been working on 3D printing things together.   We've always gotten along but this is a way for us to do things together that don't involve the children.   I'd write more about it but I already fell asleep writing this paragraph so I'm going to have to save it for another day. 

The Big Boy Update:  My son hesitantly told me today, trying to sound noncommittal while at the same time interested, that I could contact the music therapist and let her know he was interested in taking classes from her. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter and I had the best time playing with the dog on the trampoline tonight.  I don't let her up there much because she has claws and I don't know how rough they are on the surface over time.   The dog loved chasing us around so much that we got one of her squeaky tennis balls and a tug toy.   When it was time to go in the dog wasn't ready to come out of the trampoline because she was enjoying it so much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment