Sunday, May 23, 2021

The Burning Ring

I have this ring around my chest that's right under my ribs.   It feels like an inner tube of fire.   We've done all sorts of tests to figure out what is causing it and thankfully it's not a tumor or anything life-threatening. It is, in fact, rather a mystery.   There are some things going on like osteoarthritis and some bone spurs, which isn't surprising in a way because I have high bone density.   But there is no direct culprit. 

Sometimes, at the end of the day like right now, or in the middle of the day, or even in the morning, it's just so hard to bear.   It's times like this that I try and hold my breath as much as I can, or at least hold my position in one spot so it doesn't get worse, although nothing seems to help.  But I try.   At times like this, when the children have been challenging to get to bed, that I just want to go to bed myself.   

The Big Boy Control Tiny Girl Understands Update:  My son wandered in to listen to me read to his sister tonight.   Then, he proceeded to try and control everything so badly that it all turned very sour for him.   He brings this on himself, even with his sister being understanding to a point.   I don't understand it, its like he wants to get in trouble, make everyone angry and then say we're all against him and couple that with statements that completely contradict what he did only a few minutes before.   I salvaged tonight, but I had to force him back into his sister's room to get him to calm down and just listen to the book he had only wanted to listen to in the first place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment