Friday, May 28, 2021

Social Engagement

We had a social engagement tonight!  I'm saying that with an exclamation mark because it's been so long I've forgotten what it's like to spend time with friends.   

These friends are relatively new friends—sort of.   We've known them for years but only very casually at the pool and in passing during neighborhood events.   We found out we have even more in common and decided to get together tonight to play some games and get to know each other. 

Everyone has been fully vaccinated although we maintained safe distances throughout most of the night.  They have two small dogs who only want to be loved, petted, allowed to sit on your lap and be there with you.   We're going to have another gathering in the future but with children.  They have three younger children and I think my children would get along very well with them.

It was odd to be out and at someone else's house.  The children kept coming downstairs to peek in on these strange things called visitors.   We were feeling just as strange, I wanted to tell the girls.    It was nice, though, doing something that feels not normal now but was completely normal two years ago. 

The Big Boy Tiny Girl Pineapple Update:  My son took my daughter's 3D printed pineapple this morning. She didn't like it and yelled at him.  He didn't like being yelled at so he held her pineapple hostage until she did exactly what he wanted, which was to apologize.   He didn't like it when my husband grabbed the pineapple away, making his arm hurt.    I talked to him about anger and exacting revenge.   My daughter was probably taunting him in some way but he was the one that took action.   I don't want him to become a bully and this type of behavior worries me.   I hear it's a phase.   I hope so. 

No comments:

Post a Comment