Saturday, May 8, 2021

The Class I Almost Forgot

I dithered over the title to this post.   It was going to be "The Class I Didn't Forget" but the real story is that I almost forgot the continuing education class I was taking for half of the day today.   My husband and daughter were at the beach doing their final Y Guides father/daughter weekend.  My son was here and we'd had a late night playing a cooperative two-player video game.  

I went to sleep after midnight but woke up at three-thirty.   And didn't go back to sleep.   I was trying to "finish up these last few things" which seems to be the story of my life of late, and then go to bed when my husband called with an update on their fun so far.   He casually mentioned the class, and then it hit me.   The class. 

I sat at the computer today on a long Zoom-based class on the ethics in Real Estate, a topic that sounds dull but is in fact anything but.   The collection of interesting examples of things that had happened to agents and clients helped a lot.

But I was still tired.   So tired.   I fell asleep many times during the class in that nodding off and then catching yourself kind of way.   I made it through without being caught and subsequently kicked out of the class—which this teacher would do without question, I've been in several of his classes before. 

The Big Boy Update:  My son is very fun to be around.   We've had a good time today and last night.  It's always nice to have half of the standard chaos family-wise here.   Not for long, but just enough to have us realize what life is like with two people instead of four. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter's tribe won second place with their raft.   I don't know what the raft was made of, but it included three air mattresses and a lot of wood.  Plus a flag pole.   They decorated the raft for the Party Penguins (their tribe name).

No comments:

Post a Comment