Monday, May 24, 2021

Apologize!

There has been a lot of unkind behavior between my children.   They are learning to apologize and to do so with details on why they're apologizing.  I would say details on why they're sorry, but I'm fairly certain much of the time, they're not.  

Tonight Four Square went south.   I missed most of it but when I came upstairs, they were both doing the nicest job of mumbling something I could hardly hear that was sort of sincere sounding while at the same time sounding like they were begrudging saying it.  

Such is childhood. 

The Big Boy Update:  My son was so sweet to bring me home a dessert he got from school for a birthday. He must have known I would see it and eat it, so he wrote "Do not eat Mom" on it.   Even with the missing comma, I knew what he meant.   When dinner was over he said, "okay, you can eat it now, Mom."

The Tiny Girl Chronicles: I was cross at the children in the car for being late, again, to head out for school.   I told my daughter after dropping off my son that I hated it because I got frustrated at them because they were late and forgot things and then they thought I was being mean.   She told me very sweetly that she thought I was nice, even when I was angry.   I'm pretty sure she was just trying to make me feel better


No comments:

Post a Comment