Sunday, May 9, 2021

Battle for the Bath

It's mother's day and my children are running around after dinner, playing outside with some walkie-talkies.   Hopefully, we can get them in shortly to have either a bath or a shower.  We're still in the "battle for the bath" days with them, hearing groans and complaints when we tell them they have to have either a bath or a shower tonight. 

They are visibly dirty.   They have got to feel better once the grime has been removed.   I don't know what all the complaining is about because once they get into a water source, getting them out is the second challenge we have to overcome.  

My daughter made me some very sweet things for Mother's Day, including a ring, a picture of a Mexican Sun, and a note with a written song.  My son wished me Happy Mother's Day when he got up.  He remembered he is sweet, just not the present type.   I love them both for who they are. 

The Big Boy Tiny Girl He Cheats! Update:  My daughter and son were playing hide-and-go-seek with walkie-talkies this afternoon.   Only my son got busted because Nora, who was on the third walkie-talkie, kept telling on him as he moved his location.   He retaliated by changing channels on the walkie-talkie.  Good sportsmanship is a learned thing.  My daughter hates losing too.   They're both working on it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment