Monday, May 29, 2023

They Understand

Some days I feel like a terrible, horrible, lazy person.   I get up and work pretty much every day of the week, because that's what I do.  I do love the 3D printing and Filament Stories parts of my life.   I take time to do things with the children and a good chunk of the day making sure the guinea pigs aren't living in filth and that they have enrichment in their lives.   

It's a lot of time at the computer, something I would never have been able to do without the spinal fusions.   But despite the help that brought, I am still dealing with pain and degeneration.   So I go and lie down every day. I feel like the biggest loser, having to lie down.  But it helps the pain and I can get other things done like responding to messages from people or catching up on other videos from peers or that people have sent me.   Or I can just take a break.  

Do the children understand that I'm not a complete slob and I choose looking at videos over them?  Do they understand that when their father takes a break it's in a chair downstairs in front of the television or at his computer.   He doesn't lie down and sometimes fall asleep. 

I asked my son today about this very thing.  He said, "Mom, we know.  We understand."   He nearly made me cry.   

No comments:

Post a Comment