Monday, May 22, 2023

HotMakes Firetruck!

This morning I told Clockspring I'd forgotten to tell him I was going to be on the HotMakes podcast/stream tonight.   I was also going to ask if he'd possibly consider making a model I could unveil on the stream that was specifically for them, with HotMakes on the model somewhere. 

Somehow, we made something work.  There were two things that made this impossible thing possible.  First, Clockspring is amazing.  He designed a model from the ground up in less than four hours—including prints that took over an hour each, during which we had to wait to see how they worked before he could make changes for the next iteration with three test prints in all.

The second thing was the Bambu printers.  They are so fast that it was possible to get the model printed in time to iterate.   Without those two things, the HotMakes Firetruck (with ladder kickstand!) would not have been possible.  Clockspring is so nice to make this model especially for us and then to release it free to download to everyone.   Here's a link to the model:


The Big Boy Update:  My son doesn't want to watch "good" things, usually preferring to watch YouTubers playing video games so he can learn strategies and "glitches".  Today he asked if he could watch the Lemony Snickets: A Series of Unfortunate Events series.   We gave him permission.   I wished I'd had time to watch them with him. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  Last night my daughter came into the stream with a guinea pig in her arms.  We were going to have her say hello.  I told her to put the stuffed guinea pig on her head and come into the area where I was.  We'd wait until she was in view and I'd say, "nooo!" and then she should tip her head over and we'd see the guinea pig drop.    She totally got me with this trick and it scared me almost to death.   It worked perfectly, only she and I couldn't keep a straight face.  But people agreed it was quite the trick to play on someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment