Friday, May 12, 2023

A Teen Party In the Backyard?

I was lying down after while it was still light outside. Someone turned on the music outside, turned up the volume to a very loud point and put some sort of very dance music, heavy beat song.   The next thing I noticed was what sounded like twenty or thirty people at a dance club bouncing around my back yard.   Girls were laughing, boys were I assume doing what boys do at these club sort of events and in general there was a lot of loud, happy children that I suddenly realized were...teenagers.

But are they?   I have a twelve and eleven-year-old which makes them more tween than teens.   But there are friends they do things with that are teens and those friends have friends come over.   And we have the back yard everyone seems to want to come to. 

My son stormed in after a while saying, "the girls are being inconsiderate and rude.   They aren't sharing the trampoline at all!"   He was stopping the music and getting cross at the girls, who were not being bothered one bit by him.   

My son went back inside to play the new Zelda game after the lights went off and the girls went home.   It's not even summer yet, I wonder what fun we'll have in the backyard this year now that the pandemic seems to have abated for the most part. 

No comments:

Post a Comment