Monday, May 15, 2023

Holding My Email Breath

I have decided to pick my battle.   Or rather my next battle.   I am going to try and get all of my inboxes under control.   For the majority of my email account owning years, I have had a tidy and under control inbox, but this is not the case currently and hasn't been so for two years or so now.  And I hate it. 

There are lots of things I need to do, but I am just tired of it being a black hole of emails coming in.   I have been yelled at by my husband because I didn't know when something had come in via email. The thing he yelled at me about was almost exactly one year ago.   He doesn't yell often, but this time he did.   Why didn't I just read the emails and handle them?   It's not that hard.  

It isn't that hard.   None of the things I need to do are that hard.  There are good reasons I haven't put email as a higher priority and not-so-good ones.   But I'm fed up.   I want zero-count inboxes again.   I've made progress over the last few days.   I hope I can keep up the pace. 

The Son That Doesn't Learn:  He snuck the Switch tonight.   He is so not even clever about it.   I took it and said that was fine, he had traded Monday for Friday.  I'd let him have it back on Saturday.   He wanted to make it up.   He wanted a do-over.  He wanted to swap time (for time he would be out of town with a friend on Sunday) but none of it happened because he had already made the decision.  I told him I'd keep the Switch so he wouldn't make another bad decision and lose the rest of the weekend. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  Choir practice for the year is over.  They have a national anthem to sing at the local baseball game and another performance on the way up to Busch Gardens this weekend.   My daughter said she wants to keep doing Choir.  I'm so glad she wants to stay after her other VI friend decided to leave. 

No comments:

Post a Comment