Sunday, May 7, 2023

So Rude!

Something was up with my daughter today.  She was happy to go to the choir rehearsal today which was long but included lunch and dessert.   Tomorrow is the concert where they will do a song that has sign language in it that she absolutely did not want to do, but she decided she did and she's learned it although that's been hard from the start. 

Today after the rehearsal, I picked her up and then we went to pick up her friend Grace who is also blind.   I don't know what was happening because she was very self-centered and self-focused.   She loves the guinea pigs and feeding them but for some reason she left and went to her room, saying she was bored and she didn't know it was going to be so looooong Grace would be feeding them vegetables. 

I went to have a word with her and had some stern words at that.  She came back into the bonus room and told Grace I said she had to go home.   I said that wasn't what I'd said and made sure Grace didn't think I was saying bad things about her.  What my daughter was doing was making me look bad and calling me a liar.  I got them playing again but those were only a few of the issues I had with her during the three hours Grace was over.

When Grace left, I told her she was grounded.   She had right at the end shoved by Grace and me because she wanted to pet the guinea pig too, which disrupted the quiet petting Grace had been doing, ruining it for her.  My daughter insisted Grace was done petting Cheerio and several other things that made no sense, but she insisted I didn't know what I was talking about.   So I said she could go to her room and write an apology for her behavior.   And not a short one.  

She came downstairs not that long later and read out to her father and me a well-written, point for point  apology that showed she knew exactly what she had been doing.   I asked her if she could tell me why she had been so impolite to her good friend, Grace.   She didn't know, she said.   I believed her.   I wish I could have helped though.   I hate when she's upset or angry. 

The Big Boy Update:  We all had to leave close to eleven this morning—all except my son.  Just like a teenager (which he will be in a half year) he is sleeping well into the day on the weekends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment