Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Interesting Appointment

Today was an interesting appointment.  The message keeps being that I'm being referred to another provider that happens to do the same thing they do.  I get different information from different people, and ultimately I don't want to be at a practice that doesn't want to have me as a patient.   

When I was walked back today by the tech, she took my weight and got me into the room to take my blood pressure, temperature and heart rate.   She said, "so I see you're going to be transferring to another clinic?"   Again, another person saying that information that is so surprising to me, because I haven't asked to be transferred.   I said that to my knowledge, I wasn't, but I am continually concerned because I've been told this on multiple occasions and I don't understand why they would be trying to terminate my care there.   

She backed down immediately and said she didn't know what was going on and that maybe that wasn't what was happening and she would let me talk to the doctor.   Then she told me my heart rate was high.  I said I wasn't surprised it was, because coming in her has been extremely stressful recently because I keep getting information about other clinics your office wants to refer me to for transfer.   She left hurriedly.  

I had a nice conversation with the doctor and he is saying they aren't trying to "get rid of me" there are some things in play though.   And I understand all of those things from a position other than looking at it from my own personal healthcare situation.   We will figure it out.   The good part is at this point the insurance company is working with them now so more people will be looking at it.   I hope that's a good thing. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter today wanted to play with the guinea pigs while we had them outside eating grass in the back yard.   She was not being kind to them. She wasn't intentionally being unkind to them, she was just wanting to interact with them in a way that I found not safe.  Jumping (even gently) on the trampoline with Cheerio, even though he is very understanding, is not okay.   I just worry about them.  They are so little and can get injured easily.   She would be devastated if she hurt one too, which also worries me. 

The Big Boy Update:  As of tonight, my son is now an orange belt at Code Ninjas.   That's a decent accomplishment.  He's been working on building his code writing skills for several years now.  He started with visual code builders but he's getting into the more complex things now.   I'm proud of him.  

No comments:

Post a Comment