Saturday, September 25, 2021

Turkey Dinner Candy Corn

I was picking up a prescription yesterday and walked past the candy aisle completely not by accident.  I was looking for one of my favorite Halloween candies and while I didn't find that, I did see the most unusual thing—Brach's candy corn in a different colored package.

There was a turkey on the front.   Of the bag of candy corn.   I picked it up and read, "Turkey Dinner + Apple Pie and Coffee Candy Corn".  What?  This sounded odd.   And I like odd.   The flavors were Green Beans, Roasted Turkey, Cranberry Sauce, and Stuffing.   I got two bags. 

I showed my husband, excited about this new find when I got home.   He didn't seem to care.  How could he not care about crazily flavored candy corn?  So I did the next best thing: I messaged my mother tonight, the person in our family who always loved candy corn.   I'm saving the bag for when I see her next so we can try it together.   

The Big Boy Update:  My son sent an email to his friend today, having been given permission to get on the computer to do this task.   He wanted to get in a game but he didn't dare, because he didn't want to lose screens for the rest of the weekend.   What he did do though, was start looking at all the settings and macros he could set for his new, special mouse.   I had to kick him off because he was pushing no screen time, even though he wasn't in a game. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter told me today as she was getting in the tub, again, for the fourth day in a row, setting a new cleanliness record for herself, that she would take a bath upstairs but there was no tub in her room.   I told her I had suggested moving to the other room when she moved out.   She wanted that room though because it had been Nana and Papa's.   I told her she could move, but she decided even without a tub, she wanted to stay where she was. 

No comments:

Post a Comment